As January drags on and we are all “gung-ho” about our workout plans, I wanted to give a few ideas to spice up your fit-life, because after all we’re all in this together:
- Get Outside - break up your typical routine and go on a hike!
- Try a new sport or join a league, nothing better than getting physically competitive.
- Try a Pinterest workout challenge to add to your routine everyday and keep track of your progress. Here is one I’ve tried in the past, 30-Day Arm Challenge.
- Take a workout class with a friend at your local gym or yoga studio. Try something you’ve always wanted to but never have.
- Sign up for a race (make it fun like the Color Run or Bubble Run), and train for it! If you’re a beginner I highly recommend the Couch to 5K app. It took me from HATING to run to running 4 miles 2-3 times per week! I ran the Color Run 5K race that year as well, It's one of my favorite memories.
We all have those dinner recipes we love, and don’t really want to give up so here are some ingredient replacement ideas because we can have our cake and eat it to:
Comment below and let me know some of your ideas and food wisdom!