Welcome to 2018! I can’t believe it’s already here. With a new year comes all of these “New Year Goals” and I don't know about you but personally, I LOVE GOALS. The problem we usually have is not achieving them and because of this epidemic, I wanted to take this time to set us up for success.
Over the next 5 weeks I want to set the tone for the year starting with our homes. It’s so important to have a clean slate, a place to come and relax our minds and be able to hit reset before each day. It not only affects our well-being but our families as well! I’ll be sharing the tools I’ve found to be most helpful, DIY projects, and organizational tips to help you make the most of your space and finally get to those things done you’ve always wanted to do! Lets make this happen:
- Have a Clear Goal. What area(s) do you use most in your home? Now imagine that area being clean, organized and completely functional for your use. Find an inspirational picture or post that will help you visualize what you want the end result to look like.
- Take One Step at a Time. After you’ve set a goal for your spaces, make a plan. The last thing we need is to be overwhelmed, life does a good job of that already, so take on one project at a time. Get a calendar out and plan over the next month what areas you want to attack, try for one per week. Make sure you have all the tools you need beforehand so you can follow through to completion.
- Make it a Family Affair. Don't be afraid to ask for help! You’re not the only one who lives in your home…. and if you are, grab a good friend, they’re probably always over your house anyways. Teamwork makes the dream work, and at the end of the day, you’re making your home a more tranquil place for anyone who dare enters. Remember the ultimate goal is to make your home an atmosphere to recharge, and with a new year ahead of us what better time to set the tone for making this the best year yet.
- Make Extra Cash. Now that you’ve committed to letting go of the old, (I assume) remember one man's trash is another man's treasure. Instead of throwing out gently used items try to sell them, there are so many online resources to make this happen. Here are some of my favorites: Letgo, OfferUp, or Facebook Market (highly recommend), these are great for household items and Decor. When you get to your closet some great places to sell clothing items are Poshmark or Close5.
- Reward Yourself. Now that you’ve made a plan, executed that plan, AND made some extra money, treat yo’ self honey! You deserve it.
There you have it, a full proof plan for success. These are the steps I take every time I want to get something done in my home and guess what… it always works! Next week I’ll show you how I tackled my kitchen pantry without breaking the bank.