Not all of us have the time or money to get away for a romantic Valentines day weekend, but that doesn't mean we can't have a romantic valentines day weekend, you feel me?
I want to walk you through a few things you can do to spice up your own bedroom for Valentines day without spending tons of money. Like I've said before (Clutter-Free Pantry), never underestimate the power of the dollar store. V-day is once a year and you don't want to over spend on something that looks awesome for the atmosphere of the night, but ultimately will end up in the garbage.
- Fake Flower Petals. Whats more romantic than a flower petal walkway from the door to the bedroom, or the dining table where a nice dinner is prepared.
- Candles. Pick up a few extra candles to set the ambiance of the night. No one looks cute in overhead light, candlelight is the way to go!
- Throw Pillow. Find a nice red throw pillow to garnish your bed with, it'll be a great accessory next to you in your lingerie.
- Champagne. Stop by the liquor store and pick up a bottle, if you're looking for cheap, go with a simple Brut or Rose. Fill two glasses (don't have glasses, dollar store - holla!) and meet him at the door.
- Music. Nothing brings you into the moment like music can. Create a Love playlist and keep it going all night long.
There you have it, hopefully you and your loved one enjoy a romantic, candle-lit evening. Relax and revisit the reasons you fell in love, make it special and a night to remember.